Linux 1 touch recovery issue

Last post 07-18-2020, 3:07 AM by Anthony.Hodges. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Linux 1 touch recovery issue
    Posted: 07-15-2020, 1:32 PM

I ran a Linux 1 touch recover job. There are two volume groups. THis one is on the SAN using EMC powerpath 'dev/mapper/vg_xpeabody2_san-lv_oradump 1007G 70G 886G 8% /oradump' The other is on local disks. In the section where it allows you to select mountpoints, oradump was not listed so i figured it wouldnt try to restore it and only restore the mountpoints on local disks. When the job runs, it tries to restore oradump folder to the local disk volume group '/' and it runs out of space. I dont know much about linux so i think im probably missing something, doing something wrong. id like to avoid filtering all the data from the SAN mounts from every 1 touch client if possible.

/dev/mapper/vg_xpeabody2-lv_root         9.8G  778M  8.5G   9% /
    /dev/mapper/vg_xpeabody2-lv_usr 20G 3.0G 16G 16% /usr
    /dev/sda1 488M 205M 248M 46% /boot
    /dev/mapper/vg_xpeabody2-lv_tmp 9.8G 420M 8.8G 5% /tmp
    /dev/mapper/vg_xpeabody2-lv_opt 4.8G 805M 3.8G 18% /opt
    /dev/mapper/vg_xpeabody2-lv_home 4.8G 1.2G 3.4G 27% /home
    /dev/mapper/vg_xpeabody2_san-lv_oradump 1007G 70G 886G 8% /oradump
    /dev/mapper/vg_xpeabody2-lv_var 9.8G 1.7G 7.6G 19% /var
    /dev/mapper/vg_xpeabody2-lv_u01 394G 135G 240G 36% /u01
    /dev/mapper/vg_xpeabody2-lv_u02 178G 144G 26G 85% /u02
    /dev/mapper/vg_xpeabody2-lv_u03 640G 596G 14G 98% /u03
  • Re: Linux 1 touch recovery issue
    Posted: 07-18-2020, 3:07 AM

When I used to do 1-Touch restores like this, I would create a 1-Touch XML file and exclude the external mount point from the XML.  1-Touch restores are only single stream, so typically you want to do a minimal restore - then if a restore of /oradump data from backup is required - restore it after you have manually created a new oradump mount point after 1-Touch has completed.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2021 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy