Auto Restore

Last post 09-01-2020, 11:41 AM by Dbartman. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Auto Restore
    Posted: 08-27-2020, 7:46 PM

I have a SQL server that is backed up nightly, it has been requested to have one the DB's be restored to another SQL server with a different name after the backup is completed..

I was wondering if the is an auto restore option in CommVault? 

Thanks 

• Re: Auto Restore
    Posted: 08-27-2020, 9:04 PM

Hi there!

Yes, Commvault has a few solutions here. Check out Live Sync: https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=92005.htm

You can also schedule restore operations as required by setting the Job Initiation setting to schedule instead of immediate.

For more on performing restores check here: https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=18241.htm

David

Posted: 08-28-2020, 2:14 PM

I am trying to understand that if the Live sync is used the destination DB is in standby mode?

Would the restored db be available for use? Production?

I did review the other documentation, it seems to restore the all DB's and not just 1 DB using the out place option.

Would that sound correct? Thanks

Posted: 08-28-2020, 7:52 PM

Hi,

No that doesn't sound correct, both options will give you the ability to restore a subset of databases, rename and move files.

If you leave the DB in standby mode it will be available for read-only workloads only. If the database needs to be available for read-write you need to bring it online.

There is some more functionality built into Command Center for this: https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11_sp20/article?p=109430.htm

David

Posted: 09-01-2020, 11:41 AM

I need to the ability to read and write so a restore would be the only option.

I was able to to get a restore scheduled with CV support assistance, by the advance options tab.  Not much documentation, or easy to find is more like it.

Thanks for the help.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy