Multiple MA's and DIP's

Last post 09-03-2020, 10:46 AM by efg. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Multiple MA's and DIP's
    Posted: 09-03-2020, 5:55 AM

My current setup has 2 MA's in different cities that have a DIP configured on them for the use of AUX copies. I am looking to add another MA in one site meaning I will have 2 MA's in one site and 1 in the other.

Can I create another DIP from the new MA to the other in the site that already has a DIP setup with the original MA?

I guess my question is can I have a DIP configured from 2 MA's to 1?

I’m guessing the answer is yes but they need to be on a different interface at the single MA end.

• Re: Multiple MA's and DIP's
    Posted: 09-03-2020, 10:46 AM
    • efg is not online. Last active: 10-22-2020, 6:26 PM efg
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-02-2010
    • CommVault Tinton Falls NJ
    • Master
    • Points 1,751

Hi TPStorage,

There should not be any problems having multiple pairs configured.  Here are some links from the documentation just in case you have not found it yet:

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=7148.htm

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=7129.htm

In the descriptions the systems are all referred to as clients, but you can exchange the name "client" with "media agent" as media agents are also "clients".

Let us know if this helps.

Ernst F. Graeler
    Senior Engineer III
    Development
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy