Command Center shows critical alert for Index backup

Last post 09-30-2020, 9:06 AM by Dataprotectionshow. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Command Center shows critical alert for Index backup
    Posted: 09-07-2020, 9:11 AM

Hi Experts,

I do see a critical alerts on command center for index backup (see attached). But when I look at the backup history of  sudo clients SP_IndexBackup, I do not see an such repective failures.

I also see a timestamp at top of the Cmd Center which indicates it recently sync with DB. Any idea what could be wrong here.

Thanks,

Anuj

-Anuj
  • Re: Command Center shows critical alert for Index backup
    Posted: 09-07-2020, 10:25 AM

Which version are you running? I do know there are known issues in the FR20 release so if you are running that version then I would open a TR to get a hotfix. 

Posted: 09-07-2020, 10:51 AM

Hi OvdBerg,    

You are right, we are on 11.20. I created a case with CV after seeing your post. 

Thanks,

Anuj

-Anuj
    Posted: 09-29-2020, 11:30 AM

Anuj,
    I'm wondering what support actually fixed here - would you share your experience?

thanks

Posted: 09-30-2020, 3:06 AM

We experience the same Bug in 11.18.33, 5 Commcells total. our TAM is clueless and only suggestion so far is to do a repair-install. 

What was the solution in your case? maybe that works for us as well.

Posted: 09-30-2020, 9:06 AM

I would not prefer to make a reinstall.

Indexing V2 labours us for about 1 year now. Index V1 and V2 are not comporable.

However, I can just speak for my environment and based on my experience I'd check the following

1.) Download the Index State Report, Deploy it, have a look at it - does EVERY IndexV2 Client have an IndexServer where it can connect to? Please check EACH Client!

a) If so, feel comfortable

b) If not, change every wrong set IndexServer. Do so either by klicking the defaultbackupset of the client and check the Tab "Index", or use the change Index-Server-Workflow

2.) Are there IndexRestores triggered automatically in your Environment? That should tell you, if Indexes are consistent or not. However, this can be a result of 1b) as well!

If IndexRestores are triggered, have a look for which client those are triggered and look, if you can even browse the data. Without Warranty from my side, if Indexreconstructions/Indexrestores fail, maybe you can use the Regkeys

- IDX_RECON_SKIP_OLD_CYCLES

- IDX_UPGRADE_SKIP_DELETED_V1_SUBCLIENTS

The above comes with no warranty - it just worked in our environment.

3.) Are there Storagepolicies where per storagepolicy the Data Paths which are put into it can NOT communicate with each other?
    if so: immediately disable the autoscheduler for Indexing Loadbalance
    and if so: Ask Commvault for a special Workflow to use EACH DataPath while Backup up Index.

So far from my side. Maybe you can share a reply and we can have a deeper understanding together.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy