Default schedule policy for default subclient?

Last post 09-28-2020, 6:56 PM by eddies. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Default schedule policy for default subclient?
    Posted: 09-24-2020, 3:31 PM

Is there a way to have it auto assign a default schedule policy? All our servers with the File System agent type can be on one schedule policy. It's really easy to forget adding the schedule and often gets missed. 

• Re: Default schedule policy for default subclient?
    Posted: 09-24-2020, 9:34 PM

The best way to implement this going forward is to use Commvault Command Center 'Server Plans'.  Assigning a Plan will associated both the Storage Policy and Schedule Policy at same time, but it is not retrospective so you will need associate them.

Posted: 09-25-2020, 4:59 AM

For CommandCenter the best way is Plans and defining a Default-Plan.

For more flexibility or JavaConsole/StoragePolicy users I would recommend creating a special Schedule that is associated to a ClientCompuerGroup and configure automatic Association on that Group to cover all those clients. f.E. Try "Clients with Backup Schedule->false" or "Days since last backup > x". 

Posted: 09-28-2020, 6:56 PM

Great idea. . 

I did manage to sort of do what I want using a Workflow. The Sysadmin deploying the server selects the workflow, selects the server, and checks some options and the workflow sets the schedule along with other things. But if that fails to work, I will give your idea a try. 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy