Report for active agent backups

Last post 10-28-2020, 2:17 AM by Wwong. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Report for active agent backups
    Posted: 10-22-2020, 5:23 PM

Hi All,

I'm supporting a customer that we perform the billing for on backup agents installed and running.

We have quite a few clents confirmed, some with multiple agents, some clients that have been removed from the backups but agents not yet tidied up properly.

Is there a report that can be run that will only show agents that are used in active backups?

I am currently looking into a report for the schedule policies to see what clients/agents are running through there, however i have a feeling this is not the best way.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Re: Report for active agent backups
    Posted: 10-28-2020, 2:17 AM

Hi TPStorage

For this specific end-user, are the Clients backing up to a dedicated or a few dedicated Storage Policy?

I guess you can use the "Jobs Summary (Commcell Console)" reporting option and specify the specific Storage Policy and then generate the report

By doing so you are only including Backups that have been successfully written to those Storage Policy, which you can then export to excel to keep a separate checklist on the clients that are still active

Regards

Winston 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy