Hello, We have old data on a very old netapp system that is not added into Commvault. We want to back this data up straight to tape then delete it. My plan was to:
1. Create new volume / share on our Flexpod (Uses Intellisnap)
2. Copy old data to new flexpod share.
3. Create new Storage Policy to tape only.
4. Create new backup set under existing flexpod client with existing backup set / schedule that runs daily.
5. After backup is complete, delete the contents of the folder.
I tested this, it works, however the issue is that the schedule associated to the client is stuck to the new backup set I created. I can't filter the new backup set out or remove the schedule from the new backup set. So basically the backup needs to finish before the daily schedule runs. This will be a problem with large jobs that take a long time to copy / backup. I can disable the subclient from backups but then I can't manually run a backup job.
So I am wondering how you would do this / if there was a better way to back up straight to tape? The reason I wanted to use the Flexpod was because of the intellisnap feature.