New mount path unc vs IP

Last post 11-17-2020, 4:44 PM by Prasad Nara. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • New mount path unc vs IP
    Posted: 11-16-2020, 3:14 PM

I added a new mount path to a media agent "CV1" and it's shared with another media agent "CV2". The share is using IP verses UNC like all my other magnetic disks/shares. I cannot figure out how to change it. If I delete the share it comes right back. Only "read" is enabled by default.

I don't want to us IP but UNC as was done previously.

After deleting it and I go to add it using the Share Network Path and enter in the local server administrator account info yet the browse select Network, put in credentials and cannot browse my network to find anything. Eventually it tells me "Incorrect password or unknown user name to selected path". I verified I could log into the media agent using the supplied credentials and from one media agent to the other I could browse via UNC without having to specify a user name or password.

I'm attaching some screen shots. What am I missing?

Thanks.

So apparently the local service of Computer Browser needs to be enabled and running to authenticate and browse the paths. Lesson learned!

• Re: New mount path unc vs IP
    Posted: 11-17-2020, 4:44 PM

if added mount path is a local disk then we by default share it as DataServer-IP with other MediaAgents in the storage pool. For UNC, it will be share as UNC with other MediaAgents.

To change IP to UNC, go to mount path properties sharing tab and delete the IP path and add the UNC path and then click on Ok.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2021 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy