SP copy & retention after change

Last post 11-25-2020, 2:21 AM by MarcinCF. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • SP copy & retention after change
    Posted: 11-25-2020, 2:21 AM

Hello,

lets imagine that we have 1 of copies in SP with below settings

-destination to tape

-synchronous

-retention 14d/2c + 1st full monthly infinitive

-copy have already inside few FULL jobs  which was selected manually and saved with inifinitive retention 

-all data are already physicaly saved to tape = mean all jobs copying to that copy is completed  

Now i will start change settings for that copies in way like below described. Please say how will be kept actual data in that copy ...not future ones but actual ones    

a) change copy to selective + Full selection (ALL FULLs)

...will all "incrementals" be deleted automatically after i click "OK" or will dissapering folow days retention

..what with fulls selected manually will "stay" in policy or will be deleted  ?

...what with full already marked by INFinitive retention ...will be some way calculated or already set retention will stay 

b) change copy to selective + Full selection (ALL FULLs) + Backup selection date will select from some date in future (for example 1st on next incoming month)  

...will all "incrementals" be deleted automatically after i click "OK" or will dissapering folow days retention ?

..what with fulls selected manually will "stay" in policy or will be deleted  ?

...what with full already marked by INFinitive retention ...will be some way calculated or already set retention will stay ?

...i good understood that next backup jobs will be moved to that SP copy only after selected date and until that no data will flow/be copied  into copy ?

thx for any asnwear 

MArcin

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2021 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy