SNMPv3 configuration

Last post 01-07-2021, 5:07 AM by Bardes. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • SNMPv3 configuration
    Posted: 01-07-2021, 5:07 AM

Hello, 

I have issue with comunication via SNMPv3. SNMP 1 running correctly. I installed SNMP enabler and set the comunication of SNMPv3

SentAlerts.log view, that commvault sent Trap

7624  21e8  01/06 14:46:41 --- SNMP() -  simpanaAlertType: Event Viewer Events - Event Viewer Events simpanaWhenString: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 14:46:38 Central Europe Standard Time simpanaUserName: Not Applicable simpanaCommCell: czcommcell simpanaClient: czcommcell simpanaAppType: Not Applicable simpanaInstance: Not Applicable simpanaBackupSet: Not Applicable simpanaSubClient: Not Applicable simpanaJobId: 0 simpanaLibrary: Not Applicable simpanaMediaName: Not Applicable simpanaStoragePolicy: Not Applicable simpanaAlertMsg: Detected Criteria: Event Viewer Events , Event ID: 332510 , Monitoring Criteria: (Severity greater than or equal to Information;) , Severity: Minor , Job ID: Not Applicable , Event Date: Wed Jan  6 14:46:02 2021 , Program: MediaManager , Client: czcommcell.proact.local , Description: Validation/Resync of Deduplication Engine [SP_GlobalDDB_CZ-PHA_VMs_14] cannot proceed. Reason [DDB MA unreachable]. version: V3 destination: My Monitorig Server

but when try contact server via snmpwalk, so I have just messige about timeout.

In message of my Monitoring server Centos8 aren't mesage about conection, only, when I have wrong authhorizaton, so I have this message

appliance snmptrapd[86121]: Authentication failed for User

But, when I am using correct authorization, so i have in message nothing.

I am using this cmd

snmpwalk -v3 -l authPriv -u User -a MD5 -A ‘PWD’ -x DES -X ‘PWD’ CommCell_IP 1.3.6.1.4.1.14604.2.2.0.106

Ports are opened and for testing I have Firewall down for both sides. 

Commcell running on Windows 10 and how I wrote on the top, SNMP1 running correctly.

Have someone any idea what is wrong?

Thank you

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2021 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy