How to remove Disk Library and its DDB

Last post 01-21-2021, 7:38 AM by Thomas S. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • How to remove Disk Library and its DDB
    Posted: 01-13-2021, 7:20 AM

Hello,

i got a problem with deleting of a disk library.
    We used to habe Data Domain as Disk Library for Backups. Now the Disk Library is in maintenance mode und the Data Domain is already offline and removed of the shelf.
    If i try to remove this library commvault shows this message:
    Mount path is used by a Deduplication database. The data on this mount path used by the deduplication DB could be referenced by other backup jobs. The mount path can be deleted only when all associated storage policies/copies with deduplication enabled are deleted. See Deduplication DBs tab on the property dialog of this mount path to view the list of DDBs and storage policies/copies

Can someone help me with this problem ? I would like do delete the Disk Library and der DDB for this specific Library.

Regards
    Thomas

Attachment: screenshotddcifs.JPG
  • Re: How to remove Disk Library and its DDB
    Posted: 01-13-2021, 8:34 PM

If you have disassociated all the clients from the Deduplicated Storage Policy then it is possible that the Disk Library is still referenced by a CommServeDR and/or DDB Backup.

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=9356.htm

• Re: How to remove Disk Library and its DDB
    Posted: 01-21-2021, 7:38 AM

Hello Anthony,

thx for your response.
    I came a few steps forward but now Commvault won't let me delete the library because of the mount path has valid backup data.
    How can I delete the library anyways ?

Regards

Thomas

Update: I could fix the Problem. Problem solved :-)

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2021 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy