Global filters

Last post 02-24-2011, 7:40 PM by Brad Scott. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Global filters
    Posted: 02-24-2011, 8:53 AM

I added

*:\Program Files\CommVault\*

To my global filters for windows agents.

Does anyone see any issue with exclusing the commvault directory?

I've looked through the commvault doc with their recommended and added their list of global filters.

Most of the time filters depend on your enviroment, but I was wondering if anyone else had any additional filters they recommended beyound what's in the commvault docs?

thanks,jb

• Re: Global filters
    Posted: 02-24-2011, 11:30 AM

Hello,

If that is not working, you can try *:\Program Files\CommVault*\** as well.

JW

Posted: 02-24-2011, 11:43 AM
    Sorry I wasn’t clear, it wasn’t that my filter isn’t working, it was more a question of is it a good idea to exclude the commvault folder.

Thanks,jb
    • Thread Status: No Status    
    • Post Points: 1
    Posted: 02-24-2011, 11:45 AM

That was my reply ^^

I had responded though email and it didn't link to my account.

Posted: 02-24-2011, 12:35 PM

It will be fine to exclude the directory.  One thing to keep in mind is if you have a Support ticket opened and we may need to do a restore of the Log Files directory if they have rolled over if we are troubleshooting an issue for RCA purposes.

JW

Posted: 02-24-2011, 7:40 PM

I have to second the comment regarding the restore of log files I have had to do this myself several times to prove something was/wasn't working in the past, very useful.

Also if you have firewall rules it is good to have a copy of those. (Not so important with v9)

I am of the opinion that you protect everything unless CommVault can't then if there is a good reason why it can't then exclude it otherwise figure out why it can't and fix it.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy