auxiliary copy message

Last post 05-18-2011, 9:07 AM by Asmir. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • auxiliary copy message
    Posted: 03-07-2011, 12:16 AM

Version: Simpana 9

I ran auxiliary copy from disk to tape and it completed successfully. After that I deleted the contents of the tape and deleted and discover the media (tape). When I run the auxiliary copy again It comes up with the message

"No data needs to be copied, the to-be-copied jobs are deferred or the source copy doesn't have the required job"

any help would be appreciated

• Re: auxiliary copy message
    Posted: 03-07-2011, 11:20 AM

Hello,

If you check View Jobs for the secondary copy are there any jobs that appear as To Be Copied?

JW

• Re: auxiliary copy message
    Posted: 05-18-2011, 9:07 AM

Hi Jweir,

I am getting the same error when trying to run a de-duplicated synchronous copy. I have confirmed that the jobs have been selected for re-copy, however each time the auxiliary job runs i receive the following error; "No data needs to be copied, the to-be-copied jobs are deferred or the source copy doesn't have the required job".

My testing indicated that the error  is caused by the manual selection of  "to-be-copied" jobs. During my testing, backup job/s which have been selected for copy by the Synchronous copy selection rules, complete without issues. However if I delete the same job/s from the synchronous copy and then select the job/s for "re-copy", I receive the "No data to be copied.." error on the next auxiliary job run.

I suspect that the issue is related to Simpana v9; as all of my clients have only started experencing this issue after upgrading to v9

I suspect that recreating the Synchronous copy will resolve this issue, as all job's would be automatically selected for copy. However, I am wondering if there is any other fix that does not require the recreation of the synchronous copy.

Thanks, 

Asmir

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy