Recovering using Exagrid InstantDR Replicated Data : How do I do this?

Last post 03-20-2011, 2:26 PM by Vincenzo_Basolino. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Recovering using Exagrid InstantDR Replicated Data : How do I do this?
    Posted: 03-18-2011, 6:53 PM

Hello,

I am new to CommVault, so I apologize for my lack of knowledge of using CommVault, but I am learning.  So hopefully this will be a simple question or a link someone can give me to follow steps.

We are currently backing up our data to an Exagrid DeDup box and having that box replicate to another Exagrid at our offsite facility.  That piece is working great.

Now I am trying to figure out how do I use the InstantDR shares on my Offsite Exagrid to recover.  How do I get my CommVault Client at my Offsite Facility access/use the Replicated CommVault Backup data?  Do I add these InstantDR shares as Libraries to my Offsite facility?  I am used to BackupExec, where we have to Inventory then Catalog whenever we use a new tape or library.  Do I need to do this with CommVault?  If so, how?  If there is a doc I can follow on doing this recovery, will be great.

Any help on this will be appreciated.

Thank you!!

Amado...

• Re: Recovering using Exagrid InstantDR Replicated Data : How do I do this?
    Posted: 03-20-2011, 2:26 PM
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy