Recommendations

Last post 02-06-2012, 11:10 PM by Michael Fox. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Recommendations
    Posted: 06-22-2010, 10:29 AM

It seems clunky to me, but a forum is welcome nonetheless.

Could you use something like vbulletin?

hover over a topic to to see the first couple of sentences would be cool (ala vbulletin)

button to see first unread post would be cool (ala vbulletin)

check out harmony-central.com forums for an example.

C>

• Re: Recommendations
    Posted: 06-22-2010, 11:52 AM

Hey Chughes,

Thanks for the feedback.

We will look into the features offered by vbulletin and see what the differences are with what we're using today.

Posted: 06-23-2010, 10:23 AM

Hi chughes,

Thanks for the feedback.

We do have something similar to the topic pop-up you're referring to, and a way to view unread posts.

For the hover/pup-up, if you were to click on your login name in the upper right corner here:

And then choose yes for the option under 'Site Options' here:

This will allow you to hover over a particular post before selecting it, shown like this:

This should be something along the lines of what you're looking for.

-------

-------

Now, for unread posts, we have a small 'Shortcuts' window located right underneath your login name:

By selecting this, it will pull up all posts unread from newest, to oldest:

In addtion, you can also use the dropdown menus (red box above) to specify a specific forum, and time frame.

Let us know if this helps.

Ooh, what does that button do?
    Posted: 07-12-2010, 10:00 AM

Pretty cool set up.

Posted: 07-12-2010, 10:02 AM

Glad to finally see a forum for this!

Posted: 02-03-2012, 7:45 AM

While we are on recommendations, I noticed when I hit post it can take time to actually do it's thing.

Is this something others are seeing?

Posted: 02-06-2012, 9:17 PM

Yeah it takes up to 40 sec to submit a post for me.

Posted: 02-06-2012, 9:25 PM

Hi guys,

I am escalating this to our internal dev team to review. Will let you know what we find.

Stephen

Posted: 02-06-2012, 11:10 PM

SConnington:

Hi guys,

I am escalating this to our internal dev team to review. Will let you know what we find.

Stephen

Okay glad I am not the only one, it is slow even when I access it from home using an internet connection other than that of the one I use during work hours.

In addition, I noticed the report post button is not quite working in the Backup section, when I click it, I get sent to a test forum where you must fill out details, upon doing so, it doesn't work and gives an error.

Should be easy to reproduce.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy