Perparing for Certification.

Last post 01-30-2012, 9:50 PM by Michael Fox. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Perparing for Certification.
    Posted: 03-28-2011, 8:36 AM
    • Noor is not online. Last active: Mon, Oct 17 2011, 7:09 AM Noor
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2011
    • Karachi
    • Novice
    • Points 42

Dear All,

Can anybody guide me how to get perpared for certification of Commvault Engineer what should be the major topics for Support, administraion and deployment. I need practice questions also before appear on certification exams. Can i give the paper individually like i am appear for Commserv than for CDR like that..?

Thanks

Noor
  • Re: Perparing for Certification.
    Posted: 03-29-2011, 10:27 AM

Much of the certifications revolve around the CTE component.  The core engine that CV runs on, storage policies, rentention, client configuration, things of that nature.  They do throw in the occasional CDR, file archiver, exchange question, but core is really what the exams focus on.

Posted: 04-08-2011, 3:46 AM
    • Noor is not online. Last active: Mon, Oct 17 2011, 7:09 AM Noor
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2011
    • Karachi
    • Novice
    • Points 42

Thanks Vincenzo_Basolino

But what is the best way to get perpare for CTE Exam, any help or recommended links to get perpare for this exams.

Thanks

Noor
    Posted: 04-18-2011, 2:17 AM

Noor:

Thanks Vincenzo_Basolino

But what is the best way to get perpare for CTE Exam, any help or recommended links to get perpare for this exams.

Thanks

I want to undertake these in the next few months. It seems the best prep is to play with the product and as much features as possible.

In addition, it appears the CommVault Common Technology Engine book by Mike Dahlmeier is a good purchase/read too. This should give you some good background on how things work and why etc.

Posted: 09-12-2011, 12:35 PM

Noor:

Thanks Vincenzo_Basolino

Thanks

The classes\training material they provide is the best resource for the tests, however i believe you need to take the class to get the book(s).

There are manuals that you get with the class that cover almost everything you would see on the tests, the online documentation (documentation.commvault.com) has all of the info as well. The Quick Reference Guide by M. Dahlmeier is good as well and that can be purchased by itslef from a variety of sources.

The tests are timed but you have ample time to research the question in BOL or on your own CS to come up with the proper answer.

Thanks,

Bill

Posted: 09-16-2011, 3:57 AM

Hi Noor,

Perhaps this will help you a little. Succes with your exams.

http://training.commvault.com/inclassassessments/EngineeringInClass.swf

http://training.commvault.com/inclassassessments/supportInClass.swf

Regards

Cees

Posted: 01-30-2012, 9:38 PM

So Noor how did you go? Did you attempt the training/certification? Be curious to hear how you went. I completed all mine mid last year after all.

I certainly recommend you play with the product as much as possible and know where to find things in the documentation. Certainly helps.

Posted: 01-30-2012, 9:50 PM

So Noor how did you go? Did you attempt the training/certification? Be curious to hear how you went. I completed all mine mid last year after all.

I certainly recommend you play with the product as much as possible and know where to find things in the documentation. Certainly helps.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy