Overwrite OML Fails

Last post 05-10-2011, 5:49 AM by TinMan. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Overwrite OML Fails
    Posted: 04-01-2011, 2:35 AM

Hi All,

I've got a problem, I've got a tape library that has some media in it that has had the barcode labels changed. The library is set to Overwrite Media When content verification fails, however it still fails to overwrite the OML. I have also tried erasing the media to force a rewrite of the OML to no avail. Attached are the logs, for failed Aux Copy and the Erase media which I'm hoping can shed some light on the problem. Verify Media works and states that the OML belongs to another UniqueId which is true but with the current library settings should allow for it to be rewritten.

Any help you guys can give would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Chris

• Re: Overwrite OML Fails
    Posted: 04-04-2011, 4:35 AM

You can use TapeTool to re-format the tape, including the OML.

After this, the tape should be usable again.

See http://commvault.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6139/kw

A CommVault Forums Moderator has de-linked the original URL contained in this post to point to the current website hosting the same content in order to maintain the informative value of this posting.

https://ma.commvault.com/KB/Details/10891

If it jams, force it.
    If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
    Posted: 04-04-2011, 9:28 PM

Thanks I will give this a try

Posted: 05-10-2011, 5:49 AM

Re-formating from the tapegui works.

However if you have many tapes to process through this is a bit of a tedious task of mounting the tape and re-formatting.

Also the old barcodes are still listed in CV, so you'll need removed them from their respective media group so they don't appear in any reports.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy