Thanks, it already was 1.2.1.
This VSA upgrade has gone shockingly badly. The actual upgrade appeared to go fine, pop in DVD, upgrade, apply SP1b manually, apply post SP1b updates from CommCell.
Only problem is that firstly the upgrade re-associated the default subclient with a different storage policy, which was nice of it. So when I tried to an incremental backup (I hadn't spotted this at the time) it went a bit mad.
Once I spotted the problem I changed the association so of course, now I have to run a full backup...
The full backup keeps failing at various points. Commvault support aren't being much use so far and say that the logs point to networking - seems rather odd that nothing at all has changed except upgrading the MA/VSA (combined server) from 8.0 to 9.0.
Not very happy quite franky.