Any licensing experts here?

Last post 04-14-2011, 3:30 PM by Paul Hutchings. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Any licensing experts here?
    Posted: 04-14-2011, 1:18 PM

Without going into too much detail, if we have an Enterprise CLA license, does anyone know if, when examing the license key in a text editor, you would expect to see SKU's relating to Core CLA capacity towards the top of the file please?

Thanks,

Paul

• Re: Any licensing experts here?
    Posted: 04-14-2011, 1:24 PM

Paul Hutchings:

Without going into too much detail, if we have an Enterprise CLA license, does anyone know if, when examing the license key in a text editor, you would expect to see SKU's relating to Core CLA capacity towards the top of the file please?

Thanks,

Paul

Only if you have Core Capacity in addition to Enterprise.

I had Core CLA SKU's in my v9 Enterprise license file and opened a ticket with Commvault to get License Manager to remove them.  

DR Donnie
    --------------
    There's an evil monkey in my CommCell!
    Posted: 04-14-2011, 1:25 PM

Paul Hutchings:

Thanks,

Paul

Only if you have Core Capacity in addition to Enterprise.

I had Core CLA SKU's in my v9 Enterprise license file and opened a ticket with Commvault to get License Manager to remove them.  

DR Donnie
    --------------
    Posted: 04-14-2011, 1:31 PM

Thanks Donnie (you seem to be double-posting everything though you probably know that?).

We have an issue where we recently upgraded from standard to Enterprise CLA, but only just got around to upgrading from 8.0 to 9.0 so only just got to use the key.

Under 8.0 we were evaluating the VSA and D2D with Dedupe, so had an eval license for those features.

Under 9.0 when trying to apply the full CLA license that Commvault sent us it won't have it, it just complains that the new license doesn't contain any evaluation for dedupe (which I didn't expect it to since Enterprise CLA comes with dedupe).

When I look at the license file it seems that all the "duplication" features are set to "0" and there's no reference to Enterprise CLA SKU's in it, only Core CLA SKU's.

It's going back and forth between our reseller and Commvault, you can probably read between the lines on that comment, but to me it just looks like a wrong license file - though I don't know exactly what it should say.

Posted: 04-14-2011, 1:47 PM

Yeah not sure why that's happening today only... I tried to delete the double post but it gave me "This error has been logged. If you have additional information that you believe may have caused this error, please send an email to forums@commvault.com"

Been there, done that. My DataArchiver Evals did the same thing when I got my DataArchiver Enterprise License.

I found the most direct way to get it fix was to send a license summary report, a copy of the license files to both prodreg@commvault.com and open a support case with all the same info.

The support person saw it was a bug in how the licenses are generated, went to License Manager, and got a license cut that worked.

But in my case I knew 100% my customer definitely purchased an Enterprise Capacity license for 9.0. In your case, it might be kind of confusing because the Capacity Licensing was different in 8.0.

DR Donnie
    --------------
    Posted: 04-14-2011, 3:30 PM

Thanks, sent an email so we'll see if I get anything back.

Paul

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy