scsi-config on Solaris with WA?

Last post 05-10-2011, 3:36 AM by Patrik N. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • scsi-config on Solaris with WA?
    Posted: 05-09-2011, 4:36 AM

Hi,

I can't do discover on my Solaris MA to find my SL500 TapeLib connected on qlc-hba. Found a thread on the forum to use the wa_sunqlc_add to fix the scsi devices. However, I can't find the WA-directory that is supposed to be under the installation-directory. And the CVGxWA is not installed and I don't know where to find it.  Running Simpana9 with SP2.

/Patrik

• Re: scsi-config on Solaris with WA?
    Posted: 05-09-2011, 12:20 PM
    Posted: 05-09-2011, 4:16 PM
    • efg is not online. Last active: 03-24-2020, 6:10 PM efg
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-02-2010
    • CommVault Tinton Falls NJ
    • Master
    • Points 1,720

Hi Patrik,

yes it definitely sounds like you did not install the WA package onto the Solaris MA.   To see if this was installed you can run the "simpana status" command.  IT should list CVGxWA as an installed package.  Also in the install directory where the software is installed (typically /opt/simpana by default) there will be a WA and WA64 directory.  these contain the 32 abd 64 bit wa drivers.

Please install this package (Either push from the CS if you have copied the packages to the cache) or install locally onto the mediaagent.  Don't forget to make sure to install the service pack (If it does not get installed with the package install)

Ernie

Ernst F. Graeler
    Senior Engineer III
    Development
    Posted: 05-10-2011, 3:36 AM

Thanks guys!  Actually I did read the documentation and I did run cvpkgadd from the media but I must have done something wrongbecause when I did it right now I found the WA-package directly, did install it and has configured my tape library :-)  Sorry for taking your time!

/P

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy