Rebuilding CommCell environment

Last post 05-12-2011, 9:36 AM by medina. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Rebuilding CommCell environment
    Posted: 05-11-2011, 5:20 PM

Hello there, I'm rebuilding our commcell environment from scratch on a test network.  I've already installed the CommServe w/ 1 64 bit W2K3 Media Agent and a locally attached library is connected to the MA (functioning properly)

• The CommServe has the same computer name and IP address.
    • I've added the library to the CommCell successfully, and it's reading in the barcodes on the tapes

I would like to restore our DR backup job from tape.  I have the reports to show the tape # and the Job ID for which the DR backup job was written to. 

From researching, it appears that I would use Media Explorer for this, but just want to be sure i'm going about this the right way.  I haven't used Media Explorer in the past

Currently, the new installation has nothing in it.

Any help would be great.

Bryon

• Re: Rebuilding CommCell environment
    Posted: 05-11-2011, 7:11 PM

Bryon,

If you are going to restore it from tape, that would be the route to go.  If you have any DR sets on disk, that would make it a little easier.

JW

• Re: Rebuilding CommCell environment
    Posted: 05-12-2011, 9:36 AM

Thanks for the reply.  My goal is to rebuild our environment in a "cold site" scenario, which means that we would not have our disk appliance readily available to us, and need to make sure that i can bring our CommCell back to life via tape. 

If there are any additional caveats regarding Media Explorer that the users may know of, please pass them along.  You guys rock!

Thanks again!

Bryon

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy